Sunday 17 February 2008

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

USA: George A. Romero, 1968

(George A. Romero, John Russo, Karl Hardman and Marilyn Eastman commentary listened to on my MP3 player)

IMDB reference

Recently I have been indulging my taste for zombie carnage with a festival of George A. Romero's 'DEAD' Quartet (it is destined to soon become a quintet as March sees the theatrical release of Diary of the Dead). So whilst on my way to and from work today, I managed to listen to the Night 'Zombie Masters' audio commentary on my Apple i-Pod. This is the first time I have listened to an audio commentary by George A. Romero and I was suitably entertained. Whilst I wouldn't say it was one of the best commentary tracks ever, it certainly doesn't match the film's five star rating, I did feel as though I was a guest of George's and the crew, sitting alongside them as we watched this seminal indie horror classic.

Commentary Rating: 7/10

No comments: