Sunday, 30 January 2011
Saturday, 29 January 2011
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Monday, 24 January 2011
Sunday, 23 January 2011
Thursday, 20 January 2011
Wednesday, 19 January 2011
With over 2 hours and 45 minutes of banter, this is the biggest Movie Matters episode yet!
The music sampled in this episode is from INCEPTION (Symphony No. 3, 4th Movement: Passacaglia - Allegro Moderato by Krzysztof Penderecki), AMER (from WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? by Stelvio Cipriani), KICK-ASS (the Prodigy), the Millennium trilogy (Jacob Groth) and TOY STORY 3 (Randy Newman). Special thanks to David Mackenzie for audio support.
Monday, 17 January 2011
Saturday, 15 January 2011
Friday, 14 January 2011
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Tuesday, 11 January 2011
Monday, 10 January 2011
Sunday, 9 January 2011
Saturday, 8 January 2011
Friday, 7 January 2011
Monday, 3 January 2011
Sunday, 2 January 2011
Saturday, 1 January 2011
1. TOY STORY 3 (dir. Lee Unkrich)
2. INCEPTION (dir. Christopher Nolan)
3. THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (dir. Niels Arden Oplev)
4. KICK-ASS (dir. Matthew Vaughn)
5. THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES (dir. Juan Jose Campanella)
6. [REC]2 (dir. Juame Balaguero and Paco Plaza)
7. THE SOCIAL NETWORK (dir. David Fincher)
8. SHUTTER ISLAND (dir. Martin Scorsese)
9. THE HORSEMAN (dir. Steven Kastrissios)
10. GREEN ZONE (dir. Paul Greengrass)
Honourable mentions must go to the following films that could quite easily of found themselves in my list: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ALICE CREED, THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, VIDEO NASTIES: MORAL PANIC, CENSORSHIP & VIDEOTAPE, THE ROAD, CEMETARY JUNCTION and THE KILLER INSIDE ME.
I should also point out I've yet to see critically acclaimed films such as MOTHER, FOUR LIONS, DOWN TERRACE, THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT, AMER, A PROPHET, EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP and EASY A.
My worst film of the year was without doubt A SERBIAN FILM. I've said pretty much all I care to about this abhorrent mess on the MOVIE MATTERS podcast. UK new releases in 2010 which disappointed include FROZEN, LEAP YEAR, THE LOVELY BONES, WHIP IT and DATE NIGHT.