Saturday 1 January 2011

MY TOP 10 FILMS OF 2010

This list is based on the films I saw from Jan 1st to Dec 31st in 2010. The only criteria I adhered to is that the films must have been released theatrically or straight to DVD in the UK during 2010.

1. TOY STORY 3 (dir. Lee Unkrich)
2. INCEPTION (dir. Christopher Nolan)
3. THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (dir. Niels Arden Oplev)
4. KICK-ASS (dir. Matthew Vaughn)
5. THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES (dir. Juan Jose Campanella)
6. [REC]2 (dir. Juame Balaguero and Paco Plaza)
7. THE SOCIAL NETWORK (dir. David Fincher)
8. SHUTTER ISLAND (dir. Martin Scorsese)
9. THE HORSEMAN (dir. Steven Kastrissios)
10. GREEN ZONE (dir. Paul Greengrass)

Honourable mentions must go to the following films that could quite easily of found themselves in my list: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ALICE CREED, THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, VIDEO NASTIES: MORAL PANIC, CENSORSHIP & VIDEOTAPE, THE ROAD, CEMETARY JUNCTION and THE KILLER INSIDE ME.

I should also point out I've yet to see critically acclaimed films such as MOTHER, FOUR LIONS, DOWN TERRACE, THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT, AMER, A PROPHET, EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP and EASY A.

My worst film of the year was without doubt A SERBIAN FILM. I've said pretty much all I care to about this abhorrent mess on the MOVIE MATTERS podcast. UK new releases in 2010 which disappointed include FROZEN, LEAP YEAR, THE LOVELY BONES, WHIP IT and DATE NIGHT.

No comments: