Wednesday 16 April 2008

DVD INCOMING... AGAIN!

Two more DVDs arrived in the post this morning following my latest shopping spree over at eBay. The bargains I managed to snag that are ready and waiting to be watched on my shelves are Metrodome's UK release of The Counterfeiters directed by Stefan Ruzowitzky (winner of the Best Foreign Language Film at the recent Oscars back in February) and Pathé's UK release of David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises. The first is a blind buy and one that I'm very keen to watch, based perhaps erroneously on how much I enjoyed the previous Best Foreign Language Film winner The Lives of Others. As for Eastern Promises it is a film I've watched once before but that was not a perfect experience due to an absence of subtitles. However, I certainly saw enough to know this was another solid thriller from one of my favourite directors, can't wait to see that naked bathhouse fight sequence again.

More DVDs goodies still to come...

No comments: