Friday 2 July 2010

PURGATORY AWAITS BUT GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE


I was delighted to receive DANTE'S INFERNO for PS3 in the post today courtesy of boomerang. I had been expecting MOTORSTORM: PACIFIC RIFT but after waiting over a week for this to turn up it has been classified as lost. This could have taken away all my enthusiasm for renting videogames as, inclusive of my free trial, I've only previous rented one game from boomerang. However, I must congratulate boomerang on their excellent customer service, especially Jemma who runs their twitter feed @boomeranggames. Jemma was friendly and professional throughout and arranged for another game to be sent out to me ASAP. It really does make a huge difference to receive quality customer service and as a result I'll be sticking with boomerang for the foreseeable future.

No comments: